Friday, May 17, 2019

Work Hard, Play Hard, Die Hard

In case you missed it former New Jersey native, Bruce Willis, threw out the first pitch at Wednesday's Phillies game vs. the Brewers.  The Die Hard star left fans either saying Booooooo or Bruuuuuuce.

It wasn't nearly as good as when I saw Fifty Cent shank the ball "just a bit outside", but Bruce didn't throw a strike either. He threw a breaking ball in the dirt. So much for being unbreakable.

I haven't been as hard at work trying to get Cutch cards in Phillies uniforms the way I once chased his Pirates cards.  Cutch is in 2 releases that have hit in the past week (Panini Prizm and Topps Big League Baseball) wearing the red pinstripes and I don't have a single card from either release yet.

I did snag this oddball
Each year the Phillies release two 4x6 photocard team sets.  This one is the early season version as you can tell by the Spring Training uniform.  They will likely release another late summer.  The entire team set can be had for $5 at Citizens Bank Park.  Vendors often go up and down the aisle selling them a few times throughout the game.

The backs feature basic player information along with complete player stats.  Overall, the Phillies do a nice job with these year after year.

A few years ago, I grabbed the Charlie Morton Phillies photocard as well.

I also got the Topps Now Road To Opening Day card of Cutch.  There should be an auto coming soon too which I preordered from TwinsJake a few months back.

The autograph version will likely look exactly like the base card, but here is hoping I get shipped a lower numbered color parallel.


3 comments:

  1. Man... I wish vendors came around with these photocards at A's games. I'd probably grab one.

    P.S. Hope you get one of those low numbered parallel autographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce Willis is still a New Jersey native. B>)

    ReplyDelete