Tuesday, May 28, 2019

You ain't never had a friend like me...

Going to see the live action Aladdin with the girlfriend tonight.  It's been a long time since we went to the movies together and we both have been looking forward to this live action take on our favorite Disney property.

Genie was perfect when voiced by Robin Williams.  I am a little nervous of Will Smith living up to the insanely high expectations set forth by the late actor.

In anticipation of Genie and the movie in general, I have chosen to show off one of my favorite blue cards (base parallels only, so no relics) from each year Cutch was with the Pirates from his MLB debut (2009) to his final season in Pittsburgh (2017).  I didn't want to repeat brands a lot although I absolutely love the Prizm color parallels.  Including relics, I have 152 blue parallels of Cutch.  I also didn't want to show off high end releases like Museum or Tribute in this quick scan.
Top Row: 2017 Topps Fire, 2016 Topps Chrome Sapphire, 2015 Donruss Production Line

Middle Row: 2014 Finest Competitors, 2013 Prizm Band of Brothers, 2012 Prizm

Bottom Row: 2011 Elite Extra Edition Status, 2010 t206 Chrome, 2009 Topps Chrome (rookie card)

3 comments:

  1. Good call with the blue cards! How was the movie? My wife and kids saw it. I agree that Will Smith is in a tough situation portraying the genie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the movie ends up being good. I'm sure this generation's kids will enjoy it. I personally don't really have any interest in seeing the live action film. I'd rather just watch the original over again at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to give a review of the movie. It was awesome! Very entertaining. Will Smith was tremendous

    ReplyDelete