Thursday, November 7, 2019

A Tale of Two Cities

Since I began supercollecting Andrew McCutchen I have become friends with other collectors of Andrew McCutchen cards.  Each of them have their own special market of cards they prefer to collect of Cutch.  I go for anything, but also have certain styles of cards I prefer more than others.  Some collectors are interested in all teams, some only seek out his Pirates days.  Some look mainly for patches, others mainly for autographs.  Some prefer certain brands and it is because of that I was able to make a trade for a card that suits both our collections better.

One such collector has the most insane Pirates Topps Heritage collection I have seen including some groovy 1/1 booklets of both Cutch and Gerrit Cole.  Topps Heritage is his favorite brand and it's because of that I traded a 2016 Topps 65th Anniversary Buyback of a 2014 Topps Heritage card
For my all-time favorite Buyback series
2015 Allen & Ginter 10th Anniversary Mini Frames are my preferred buybacks.  The uniqueness of Allen & Ginter got me back into collecting cards again and through the years I have loved adding any and all Andrew McCutchen Ginter parallels I can get my hands on, especially the framed mini buybacks from 2015.
The original card is a 2011 Allen & Ginter Black Border Mini that has been foil stamped with the 10th Anniversary Logo.

This marks my 5th Buyback Mini from Ginter and 8th overall.  

Thanks for the trade Kevin.  Looking forward to making another in the future maybe for those Heritage Bell/Glasnow chrome rookies I have for more Cutch cards I need.

7 comments:

  1. Every time I see these great Heritage cards Ibwish that Bill Freehan would be included, for at least one year.
    I've also reccomend to Topps that they make a GOLD GLOVE Catchers Set, and FREEHAN could be in that set.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cool to see two collectors who collect the same guy helping each others' collections out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you look at that as friends versus foes. I don't know if I could be that mature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really awesome that you are trading with fellow collector-competitors. I'm not a fan of A & G---like you asked---but am glad that you got this desired card.

    ReplyDelete