Monday, November 4, 2019

The Bryce Was Wrong, but Now It's Soto Good!

In case you haven't already heard, the Washington Nationals beat the Houston Astros by winning 4 games in Houston.  The team showed an unbelievable amount of resistance and a strong clubhouse.

The Baby Shark team won their first World Series title AFTER their former face of franchise left the team.

I was rooting for the Astros to win, but know of a lot of people rooting for the Nationals because Bryce Harper has become such a strange baseball villain that fans wanted the team to win just to have a chuckle at seeing the team celebrate while Bryce's $300+ million dollar contract butt not even make the playoffs.

It's not Bryce's fault the Phillies didn't make the playoffs this year, but Bryce's 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 Postseason numbers weren't that impressive.  In total he batted .211 with a 31%K rate in 76 at bats during those NLDS games.

As is customary on my blog immediately following my Save Second Base Event and Recap, I write a post about the World Series Champions and post any cards featuring that year's team with Cutch.  You can visit my previous posts here.


I don't have many cards of current Nationals with Cutch.  In fact I only have one.  Its a sexta autograph booklet with signatures of Cutch, Josh Bell, Javy Baez, Starlin Castro and the Nationals teammates: Anthony Rendon and Ryan Zimmerman.
The booklet is numbered to only 10 copies.


I do have a lot of Cutch pairings with the former Nationals Superstar, Bryce Harper.
 Numbered to 5
Numbered to 5
 Numbered to 36
 Numbered to 3
Numbered to 25


6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty amazed that that the young players paired up with the established stars on your Bowman booklet panned out as well as they did. It seems just as likely to me that they would have included a hot prospect who didn't live up to expectations. What year was it? 2015, at the latest, I would say, with Castro still a Cub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The card was produced in 2012 featuring the 2011 draft class with the established star of the franchise at the time.

      Delete
  2. I'm in Save Second Base withdrawal...oh, yeah,cool cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really add anything to the conversation, but I just wanted to mention that I really like the title of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was one of those guys rooting for the Nats... but it had nothing to do with Harper. I was pulling for guys like Suzuki, Soto, and Scherzer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was rooting for the Nats because my dad was for the Astros.

    ReplyDelete