Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Shark Week and All-Star Fest

This has been a fun start to the week in terms of TV viewing.

First up has been all the Colorado MLB All Star Game events and the MLB Draft.  I am excited for the future of the Pirates and really enjoyed the All Star Game Home Run Derby last night.  I am looking forward to see the Pirates having a player start the All Star Game tonight.  Adam Frazier will start the game at 2B and Bryan Reynolds will start the game in Centerfield becoming the first Pirates player(s) to start the game since Andrew McCutchen started the 2015 All Star Game in Cincinnati.

Current Cutch teammate, JT Realmuto, will begin the game as the starting catcher.

Before JT was a teammate of Cutch 
and before Cutch was leaping over JT when they were opponents
JT was a member of the Miami Marlins

I have built a small stash of cards in my next COMC shipment.  I'm holding off on shipping until we have moved into our new permanent residence.   

You can see some of the cards I have purchased below.  I will show off the full mini PC I have created once they all arrive (whenever I decide to ship of course) 
2017 Topps Stadium Club - [Base] - Sepia #71 - J.T. Realmuto - Courtesy of COMC.com
2017 Topps Stadium Club - [Base] - Sepia #71 - J.T. Realmuto

  2020 Topps Gold Label - Gold Label Framed Autographs #GLA-JRE - J.T. Realmuto - Courtesy of COMC.com
2020 Topps Gold Label - Gold Label Framed Autographs #GLA-JRE - J.T. Realmuto

2020 Topps - Significant Statistics #SS-23 - J.T. Realmuto - Courtesy of COMC.com
2020 Topps - Significant Statistics #SS-23 - J.T. Realmuto

2018 Topps Stadium Club - [Base] #287 - J.T. Realmuto - Courtesy of COMC.com
2018 Topps Stadium Club - [Base] #287 - J.T. Realmuto

2019 Panini Donruss Optic - [Base] - Pink Velocity Prizm #105 - J.T. Realmuto /199 - Courtesy of COMC.com
2019 Panini Donruss Optic - [Base] - Pink Velocity Prizm #105 - J.T. Realmuto /199



I have also been enjoying Shark Week on Discovery Channel this week and am on the hunt for a JT Realmuto minor league card of his time in Jupiter when he was a member of the Hammerheads.
Picture above is for reference only.


Will you be watching the All Star Game tonight? Anything you're looking forward to? Pregame predictions?

Have you or will you be watching any of Shark Week?





4 comments:

  1. J.T wore #11 playing in Jacksonville, and I started to follow him back then when we lived in JAX.

    I get his cards when I can.

    I've watched every All_Star Game since 1970.

    Hope Gregory Soto of my Tigers gets in the Game, maybe in the middle innings.

    A.L. has won 7 in a row, and although it doesn't make up for all those losses as a kid in the 1970s, it's good to see the Junior Circuit doing well.

    Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not planning to watch the game... but will definitely seek out the highlights. Never watched Shark Week. Is this also the week that show Sharknado? I've been watching Z Nation and my friend just told me that that the movie and the tv show are in the same universe. One of the main characters actually played a role in Sharknado 3, which is why I want to watch it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JT with a HR tonight!

    Unfortunately not much more highlights for NL so far. They've been a little snake-bit, hitting balls right at people.

    ReplyDelete