Friday, July 16, 2021

The Tiger Kinga

Remember when COVID hit and many people were forced to stay home and the most binge watched streamed show wasTiger King?

Well, I wasn't a part of that chaos as I kept working through all of COVID due to being an essential worker and I wasn't about ready to binge watch that show.

However, Panini took note of how popular tigers became and decided to make a new parallel for their 2020 Select release.

It's not in hand yet, but I did fairly recently add a JT Realmuto tiger stripes parallel to my ongoing COMC shipment.

You can see it below.
2020 Panini Prizm - [Base] - Tiger Stripe Prizm #172 - Tier II - J.T. Realmuto - Courtesy of COMC.com
2020 Panini Prizm - [Base] - Tiger Stripe Prizm #172 - Tier II - J.T. Realmuto


I bring this up in the middle of shark week because 1)JT is a former Hammerhead (in the minor leagues) and 2)Tiger Queen aired this week on shark week. 
Kinga Philippe is a diver and filmmaker that recently had a special about searching for male tiger sharks.  There is a remote area in Turks and Caicos that contains mostly just female tiger sharks.  Kinga wanted to research and film where all the males are.  She is in addition trying to bring more notoriety to female researchers and filmmakers interested in the conservation of sharks.





5 comments:

  1. I too have worked through all the Corona and never watched "Tiger King" I was soooo stupid about it I thought it was a "Made up" posed "reality" show with actors and didn't realize that they were the real people and that what they did on the show was what they really did in real life. Didn't know the guy in jail was actually in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get that Realmuto card, and Shark Week has been fun...I'm now following her on Instagram.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. My co-workers convinced me to give Tiger King a chance... and I'm glad they did. It was interesting and I'm pretty sure I binge watched it over a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Kinga Phillips should be an October prospect for you.

    ReplyDelete