Friday, March 11, 2022

Favorite Bands?

It's been awhile since I discussed music on this page. 

About 4.5 years ago I discussed the 5 albums I could listen to repeatedly and showed off a card in my Andrew McCutchen PC relating to that band or album.  You can revisit that post here.

There are plenty of other albums that I listened to a lot that helped define my taste in music.  One band that had a major effect on me fashionably was the band 311.

I've discussed 311 on this blog two years ago when showing off some Andrew McCutchen Triple Threads Amber parallels.  You can visit that post here.

311 was a mainstream pop punk band that made spiky bleached hair, silver ball necklaces, and baggy cargo shorts/pants cool.  For a young teen of this era, they were one of the coolest bands and a band that helped lead the way for more heavier rock/rap bands to get noticed by MTV.  Without 311, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park probably wouldn't have gone on to have as much commercial success that they had.  

I probably wouldn't rank 311 in my top 10 favorite bands of all time, but they were definitely influential on my life, which is odd. 

As I was cleaning out some boxes I came across this lot of 5 autographs from the band for Goodwin Champions.
I am looking to sell the entire lot for $100 despite recent comps being $30-$50 per card. ***ONE DAY 3/11 SALE ONLY***

What are some bands that influenced you fashionably?

Do you have any autographs of musicians in your card collection?

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that it's 3-11 today! I always listed to them on 3-11 but I changed jobs recently and I'm not able to play music at work. And it didn't occur to me when the alternative station played their cover of "Lovesong" - because I was wondering why they couldn't play The Cure.

    Also, did you see Cucth's tweet right after the lockout ended? Something like "So, where am I gonna play?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw his tweet and love his new profile pic. I would love To see him come back to Pittsburgh obviously.

      Delete
  2. My first autographs were from musicians. As for fashion tips from musicians, yeah not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have any autographed cards of musicians. I used to have a record collection which was destroyed in a flood, and I had a fair number of autographed albums. I made a point of getting bootlegs autographed if I could--I had a Wings bootleg signed by four (non-McCartney) members of the group, a Who bootleg signed by John Entwhistle, a Monkees bootleg signed by Peter Tork (he jokingly pretended he was going to break it before he signed it, although I hadn't actually brought the record, only the cover), and a Squeeze bootleg signed by Difford and Tilbrook. None survived the flood, sadly.

    I do have an autographed George Harrison book which is pretty special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No musician autographs or have I taken any fashion tips from musicians, other than wearing sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have any signed cards of musicians. I do own some autographed CD's and LP's though.

    ReplyDelete