Friday, March 18, 2022

Milestones on the horizon?

I just got in a new card for the internet's best Andrew McCutchen collection.  At least that's what I tell myself in regard to my collection.

This is from the February 2022 Future Stars Club, a Topps exclusive set.  This card is part of the upcoming milestones set that focuses on some of the milestones that could be achieved this year.

It is a 5 card set that includes
Albert Pujols (17HR away from 4th all time)
Miguel Cabrera (13 hits away from 3,000)
Yadier Molina (2RBI from 1,000)
Joey Votto (100 games to have 2,000 for career)
Andrew McCutchen (2 SB for 200 career)
It's a pretty neat set that looks at players who have actually accomplished something in their careers instead of constantly speculating like many guys do these days.

Here are some more upcoming milestones for Cutch.
30 HR to get to 300 (hit 27 last year)
2 SB to get to 200 (stole 6 last year)
174 hits for 2,000 hits (likely two seasons away)
67 more RBI to get 1,000 RBI (had 80 last year)

These numbers wouldn't cement Cutch as a no doubt Hall of Famer, but if he got all those accomplishments by the All Star Break in 2023, he would likely stand alone for active players with all those career accomplishments. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't imagine there are too many player collections of ANYONE on the 'Net which rival your Cutch collection, let alone another one of McCutchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked being a member of the Topps Future Stars Club. Shame they messed up my renewal and I didn't get this card, because I really like the design. Hope Cutch reaches these milestones.

    ReplyDelete