Friday, March 4, 2022

Nearing the end...

I said I would take the unplanned time off due to my achilles injury and update my spreadsheets so I know what cards I have in my collection without having to go off memory or flip through boxes.

Well, I am on my last storage box and am shocked at how many Cutch cards I have accumulated in my time of collecting. 

I am currently sitting at 3,443 cards not counting what you see below.
What an insane amount of baseball cards of one player.

I might need to slam the breaks on adding cards for awhile and really appreciate what I have as this collection has gotten out of control. 

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh you have the card bin. They are so cool. I moved all my Tinos to one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is a lot of one player. Very cool. The past two years, I've started to pump the breaks myself, cut back on buying, and appreciate what's currently sitting in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you'll have to update your blog header--"Nearly 3,000 unique cards...".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me of that update. I changed it To over 3,500

      Delete
  4. Yeah that's the difference between collecting modern players vs. vintage. I can fit over a dozen vintage guys in an average binder, but anyone that runs into the late 80's or 90's and beyond gets their own or shared with only one other...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed when someone collects 1,000 different cards of a player. 3,500+ just blows my mind! It does sound like a good time to pause and enjoy what you have, since it doesn't look like there will be baseball (or new Cutch cards) for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool though! The question is how many Cutch cards are there total?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Including 4 printing plates for nearly every release and all those 1/1s out there about 7,200 cards exist. Most of the cards I need are either /10 or are from 2020-2022. There's very few "Pirates years" cards I need with print runs greater than /25.

    ReplyDelete