Thursday, September 30, 2021

Why I've Been MIA

It has been over 2 weeks since my last post and there are a couple reasons for that.  For starters we are still house hunting, but this market is absolutely brutal and crushing for us to find something in our budget and in an area that we want to live.  

Ms. CollectingCutch works as far east on NJ as you can go and I work as far west as you can go and then some as I work in Pennsylvania.  

We are trying to find a place that is 40 minutes to work for both of us, but it has been an absolute struggle.

That has taken up a lot of our spare time when we aren't both working.

I did get to have an absolute blast of a time attending RetroCon with my friend Lou of GeekBoyPress.  RetroCon is held in Oaks, PA (not far from Philadelphia) and it is a vintage toy and video game convention.  
I didn't buy anything, but a small Beetlejuice figure for Mrs. CollectingCutch that cost me only $5.  It was just fun to get back out to a convention type setting again.  

It has been 2 years since I attended the PhillyShow where I met Brad from Brad's Blog and got a chance to have Cutch sign my custom dreadlock card. 

2 years without a convention.

So while the RetroCon scene wasn't my thing as my hobby isn't deep with 80s nostalgia Action Figures and Video Games, it was the after party that I really wanted to attend.  

Just across the street from the convention was a concert performed by Cybertronic Spree.  
Cybertronic Spree is a (mostly) cover band that plays songs from the 80s and nearly the entire soundtrack to the 1986 Transformers animated movie...all while dressed as Transformers characters.  
Yup.  Hot Rod is backup vocals and bass.  Arcee is the lead vocals and keyboards. Unicron is the lead guitarist, Shockwave is on drums, and a Quintisson is playing rhythm guitar.  

Are they the most talented band in the world? Nope.

Do they put on one of the most entertaining shows for 90 cents a song? You bet your Autobot Ass they do!!!

Here is a link to a YouTube recap of some of their set that someone posted. 

It was so fun to get back out into civilization again!



Another reason I haven't posted is because the baseball season in general for Pirates fans and McCutchen fans has been a let down.  The Pirates are likely to get the 3rd or 4th overall pick in the 2022 MLB Draft due to the poor season they have had.

I never claimed to be a Phillies fan, but I really wanted the Phillies to have a Postseason berth this year for Cutch.  With a pending free agency (assuming they decline his team option) I wanted Cutch to have a big postseason so he could get another multiyear contract. 

The last reason for my lack of posting has been a lack of technology. I threw out my scanner in the process of downsizing to move in with the in laws and my camera on my phone is terrible. 

I will go forward with my October Save Second Base event, but unfortunately I won't be making a donation this year as all my funds will be focused on a new house.  

Also I likely won't be doing daily posts for the forseeable future as life has just got in the way of my hobby love.

Things kick off tomorrow!!!!



7 comments:

  1. Sending virtual hugs on the house hunting, and I hope you find something soon.

    As always, I look forward to your Save Second Base posts, no matter the amount.

    Take care, and my best to Mrs. Collecting Cutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy anyone who's currently looking to buy a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your wife find a nice home in the very near future. One of my close friends just sold her place... and now they are hunting for a home themselves. She comes to work stressed out on a daily basis. Buying a home was by far one of the most stressful times of my life.

    P.S. The costumes that band is wearing are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got out and about for some fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy house hunting! I want to see a concert with Cybertronic Spree, Mac Sabbath (same idea, only they dress up like McDonalds characters), and Oikilly Dokilly (heavy metal band where they all dress like Ned Flanders from the Simpsons).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the hunt and congrats on seeing the Cybertronic Spree! I've seen some YouTube vids and they look like everyone would have a good time.

    ReplyDelete