Thursday, March 30, 2017

Gypsy Queen :The Big Hits!!!

The past few years, Topps has provided fans with some incredible hits in their Gypsy Queen release.

First up the autographs


One of the hardest cards for me to track down in my early days of Collecting Cutch, this on card autograph also features a plain relic.  A few people were trying to put the set together and with only 25 produced, it is almost impossible to track one down now.


This dual auto/dual relic of Hall of Famer, Ralph Kiner and Andrew McCutchen is one of my first Cutch dual autos I added to the collection.

The 2012 card is limited to only 15.

I have gotten the jumbo patch cards in each of the past two years and both cards feature really awesome patches.

The 2015 patch features a massive swatch from Cutch's number and is limited to only 5 copies.


The 2016 patch features the Majestic Logo from the sleeve of a Crawford Grays jersey worn by the Pirates in the 2012 season.  It is numbered to 10 copies.



Easily one of my top 10 favorite cards is this dual button card of Team USA teammates Adam Jones and Andrew McCutchen.  I'm sure there is an Adam Jones supercollector out there who has one of these making the rarity of one of these hitting the market soon very scarce.

Only 3 exist.


While it's not in my Top 10 cards, this Laces Around The League card gets an honorable mention because it is a super thick card that has a massive chunk of a baseball on it.  If it was labeled similar to the Topps Tribute moment cards where you can see the authentication or determine what game it is from, it would be a top 10 card.


Only 5 exist.

To wrap things up is an extremely limited manufactured flag patch.  I am not a big fan of manufactured relics, but I got this for about 75% of the average sale price of these.

Much like many of the other hits on this post, it is numbered to only 5 copies.


3 comments:

  1. I've said it before... and I'm sure I'll say it again. Your Cutch collection is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fuji. Always appreciate your kind words regarding my collection

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love looking at your collection! Such variety and so many awesome cards! I can't even pick a favorite because they are all awesome! But if someone twisted my arm I would go with the dual button card. I've always loved button cards.

    ReplyDelete