Friday, October 15, 2021

Fry Day, Friday

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event so today I am presenting
Rebecca Black


Rebecca Black made a song in 2011 and it went viral on YouTube among a few other social media platforms.

The song was called Friday, not to be confused with Fry Day

Friday featured Black riding around singing about her friends and what they were going to do that night.

It was dubbed by several music critics as the worse song of all time.


Today Black is all grown up and still involved with music, but she is not associated with thousands of memes like she was back in 2011.  That song did springboard a small part of a Katy Perry music video though.


Today Rebecca is all grown up and she is back on stage.



Black Friday Magenta Color Progression Proof
The back of the card (like all progression cards) is blank backed.


Where are the best fries found and what style of fries do you prefer?

Do you have any color progression cards in your collection?

6 comments:

  1. 1) Five Guys
    2) McDonald's
    3) Penn Station
    4) Chick Fil-a
    5) Buffalo Wild Wings

    That's a cool card, I'll have to look for one.

    Happy Fry-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love McD's, but none of them end up agreeing with me afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of McD's, but man those checkers fries are so so good. Don't have any of those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for curly fries. (Gotta be a joke in there somewhere about "curves" tying this to the month's theme.)

    Glad Rebecca Black made it through her first brush with fame ok. I recently watched a little youtube thing with her talking about how crazy it all was for her, much of it negative, like her friends turning their back on her and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid, we would go to this truck stop diner in Buffalo called "Brinson's". They had amazing curly fries and would give you a giant serving with your hot dog. To this day they are, by far, the best fries I've ever tasted. Sadly Brinson's is no more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big fan of the steak fries at Red Robin. The fact that they're unlimited means we don't go there much.

    ReplyDelete