Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Falco Files: Stoned!


Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event so today I am presenting

Isla Fisher

She first got on my radar when she played a "stoner girlfriend" of Shaggy in the movie Scooby Doo 2.  Oddly enough her name was Mary Jane. Shaggy loved the name if I remember correctly.

As I stated earlier I am ALWAYS trying to think of ways to include the readers in participating in the event.  

The idea for this post has been nearly two years in the making thanks to Johnny's Trading Spot
Fisher also starred in Confessions of a Shopaholic
I think we can all relate to that in some fashion (no pun intended).

She played the "crazy" sister in the Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson comedy Wedding Crashers

One of my favorite movie franchises which Fisher started, but ultimately left was Now You See Me.  

Fisher left the franchise when it was revealed that she almost died while filming.

One of her more recent movies was playing the character Minnie in the 2019 film, The Beach Bum, opposite Matthew McConaughy.  The film focus on the character Moondog (played by McConaughy) who is a stoner, but it also has a cameo of famed smoker, Snoop Dogg.

A part of my CollectingCutch collection is a mini collection of replacement players that have replaced Cutch either on a roster (trade, injury) or jersey number. 

Bryan Reynolds was traded to the Pirates as part of a package that sent Andrew McCutchen to the San Francisco Giants. 
He received a rookie cup card for his performance in 2019 and made the starting lineup in this year's All Star Game.

Bryan Reynolds debuted on 4/20 as revealed on the back of this 2019 Chronicles Spectra Pink Insert.  

420 is slang for getting high off marijuana.  Having never even tried smoking, I had no idea about the origin for this slang.  So I researched it and found this article.


CollectingCutch just isn't a blog for baseball cards and babes, it's a blog for research I never thought I would want to do.



Do you have any suggestions for who could appear this year?

6 comments:

  1. Good pick. I think I first became aware of her in Wedding Crashers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding Crashers is all I know her from. She's a good follow on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney Ryan has a great YouTube channel (IG=CourtneyCristineRyan)
    Annalise Mahanes from IMY2 (also on YT) Great singer and total smokeshow.
    Mick Beth on YT - One of the best car girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Wedding Crashers! I forgot she was in Scooby Doo 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She was great as the crazy sister in Wedding Crashers.

    ReplyDelete