Friday, October 8, 2021

Cutch's Crew: Talk About a Full House

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event so today I am presenting

Jodie Sweetin

She was born in 1982 in Los Angeles, California.  She would become a popular child actress on the TV show Full House, which takes place in San Francisco.

Seems appropriate to showcase someone with both LA and SF ties as we prepare for the big rivalry series.

After multiples battles with drugs and alcohol she got in the spotlight again thanks to her participation on Dancing with the Stars.



She then went to star in many Christmas themed Hallmark Channel movies.






It has been reported that the Full House actress did get some plastic surgery prior to the filming of Fuller House.
Oh well...


In the first season of Fuller House, the Netflix spinoff series, sees Stephanie Tanner meet up with Hunter Pence.

Pence was a fan favorite in San Francisco thanks to his leadership, heart, and hustle.  It lead to the Giants winning a pair of World Series in 2012 and 2014 thanks in large part to Pence.

Hunter Pence was a teammate of Andrew McCutchen with the 2018 San Francisco Giants, but also appeared as a member of the 2011 and 2014 National League All Star Team with Cutch.  He even appeared as a cameo with Cutch on a Jay Bruce 2011 Topps Update card.  Cutch and Pence are celebrating together, but Bruce is kinda getting ready for a fist pump by himself.
When Cutch was traded to the Giants he appeared at FanFest and did an absolutely remarkable and hilarious impersonation of Hunter Pence's batting stance.

You can view the complete video with Cutch's commentary by clicking this YouTube link.

I think Cutch enjoyed being a teammate of Hunter Pence.



Here is a 2018 pink mini numbered 2/25.

2018 Topps Mini - [Base] - Pink #47 - Hunter Pence /25 - Courtesy of COMC.com
2018 Topps Mini - [Base] - Pink #47 - Hunter Pence /25
Purchased for $2.84 

I just purchased this card from COMC yesterday after a subliminal suggestion by AJ from The Lost Collector mentioning the show Fuller House in the comments.  Obviously I don't have it in hand yet and have chosen not to ship it yet due to the constant delays in shipping and my current living situation being what it is.
The card doesn't directly give a name cameo of Cutch on the back, but he is one of the 9 players the card back references.

Hunter Pence was always one of my favorite players when he was active.  I love the way he interacted with fans and he was an absolute fan favorite no matter where he played, even when he was a visitor.







Heidi Watney even got into the Hunter Pence sign craze but making her own while hosting Quick Pitch on the MLB Network.

Do you remember the Hunter Pence sign craze?

You may recall a few years ago I showed off this incredible patch card with patches of Johnny Cueto, Hunter Pence, and Andrew McCutchen.  
It's one of my favorite unlicensed cards in my collection. 

Did you like Full House (or it's sequel)?

It is safe to say that I know who Hunter is rooting for tonight.

9 comments:

  1. My wife and daughters enjoyed Fuller House, but I couldn't get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware of the Hunter Pence sign craze. Looks like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full House wasn't for me, but it's certainly created some memorable young women. Led by Candace Cameron Bure.

    Hunter Pence was fun to watch play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's an episode of Full House where Jodie Sweetin's character has a crush on a boy named Brett. At one point she says "whenever I think of him, my heart goes Brett-Brett, Brett-Brett". I used that as a drop on my radio show for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes about the signs... and yes about watching Full House. Crazy to see Sweetin all grown up now. She's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an epic post! I didn't recall the Pence sign frenzy thing but it looks awesome and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watched a ton of this show when I was younger. Always wondered what happened to her and glad to see she's been able to stay busy in front of the camera. I think I've seen one of her Christmas movies. And she's looking good. Great reading about the Pence tie in. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't know about the sign craze. Seems like a variation on the legendary Chuck Norris Facts.

    ReplyDelete