Wednesday, October 13, 2021

A Queen Among The Boys


Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  

Due to my own financial situation this year I will not be able to make a donation for each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog.  Once things settle down on the home front though I will be looking to make a donation in 2022 based on the comments left during this year's event.  Hopefully together we can help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  In 2019, I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will also be showing some Cutch's Crew cards that show pink cards of players that have played with Cutch on multiple teams. I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 5th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014).

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate new celebrities into the event so today I am presenting
Dominique McElligott
She's appeared in Hell on Wheels
The Irish born actress is getting more roles in Hollywood thanks to one of her most recent projects, Amazon Prime's The Boys.
In the show she played the role of a comic book character

In the Amazon Prime show The Boys she plays Maggie Shaw aka Queen Maeve

Mauve is a color found between pink and violet on the color wheel.  

It's also one of the parallels found in this year's Gypsy Queen.
Gypsy Queen, like many other Topps products, added a new color parallel to their rainbow wheel this year when they introduced mauve parallels limited to 75 copies.

Have you watched The Boys on Amazon Prime?

Who are your favorite female comic characters?

Do you think Fanatics will be producing dozens of color parallels for each release when they take over the sports card market in a few years?



5 comments:

  1. Loved Valkyrie from Airboy in the early 90's. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0064/6833/7719/products/00000-15_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1615148723

    And Black Cat when she first appeared in Spider-Man.
    https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.net/n_iv/600/5498792.jpg

    I hope Fanatics produces card sets the same way they have been done and not just mojo hits and shiny parallels. This is a hobby, not a commodities trading platform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen it.

    Mary Jane in Spiderman has always been my #1.

    I'm sure they will, if they V see money in it.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, don't have one, and I certainly hope not. Now, for Domique, she's new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to make time to see The Boys. Maybe this will help me out. As for female superheroes...it's gotta be Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete