Sunday, April 26, 2020

Falco Files: Small World Afterall

I purchased this Bryan Reynolds 2020 Utz card from someone in Virginia because I kept striking out on finding packages with the baseball cards locally in my hometown.
It arrived safely a few days later.
It also came with a note about Red Bank (the town I live in) and saying how he lived his whole life there before moving to Virginia.  He mentioned how he would visit the Stamp and Coin store, which is literally 2 blocks from my apartment.

It really is a small world after all.

2 comments:

  1. It is a small world. A few years ago, I took my girlfriend down to visit my parents in Las Vegas. We eventually discovered that my dad golfs with her uncle who lives in Hawaii (but comes to Vegas on a regular basis). And if that weren't crazy enough... her niece (who lives about an hour away) came to talk to my classes about college two years ago and ended up being really good friends with one of my students. It really is a small world after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's pretty cool. Last year I went to Florida for some Spring Training games, and as I was watching batting practice/trying to get autographs I chatted up the guy next to me. Turns out we were from the same town in NY!

    ReplyDelete