Wednesday, August 19, 2020

On The Verge of Greatness

Rickey Henderson
Tony Gwynn and Wade Boggs
Honus Wagner
Willie Mays
Tris Speaker
Roberto Clemente (who's birthday would have been yesterday)
and Brian Stryker (picture below is from 10 years ago) when my journey began

Yup, I am on the verge of chasing a great milestone just like the above individuals.

With my recent mail day I am only 3 cards away from 3,000 unique cards of Andrew McCutchen.  It has been a wild and crazy decade long journey to get to this point, but with 5 incoming cards between eBay and Twitter I know I should hit the mark in the coming week.

What is card 2,997?
It is one of the shiniest cards in my collection.

2015 Prizm Diamond Marshals die cut
Flash Prizm /100
I have been after this card for 5 years and when the opportunity presented itself, I jumped all over it.

I am excited to see where the collection goes in the future, but thank everyone who has helped contribute to it over the years.

9 comments:

  1. 3k unique cards. That number is Ming boggling.

    Bill Freehan only has 291 total cards listed on TCDB, and I'm not sure I'll ever get close.

    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an impressive achievement. And a really shiny card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shiny badge! You inspired me to grab the cheapest one I could find (Alex Gordon, $2).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. So close! Early congratulations on the milestone! You'll have just more than half of the cards showing on Trading Card Database!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a milestone! I'll have to count my garveys to see where I'm at. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really hoping you get a swaggy McCutchen for #3000...that would be appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of collectors reaching milestones lately. 1k is impressive. 2k is awesome. 3k is just insane. I mean that in the most positive way. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete