Sunday, August 23, 2020

Card 3,001 is in hand

Yesterday I showed off a card that put me into pretty elite company.  I joined the 3,000 club.  I now own 3,000 unique cards of Andrew McCutchen.  I am starting to slow down a bit since he left the Buccos in 2018, but am still picking up plenty of Phillies, Yankees, Giants cards when they present themselves to me for a fair price or something so unique I have to have it.  

Card 3,001 came to me via a PWE for a cheap price off eBay.  It's the Meijer exclusive purple parallel of 2020 Topps Series 2.
Nothing too fancy, but it was a nice card to grab as I really like the purple parallels as they usually look bolder than many other parallels Topps Flagship uses.

3 comments:

  1. Is there anything to tie it in with Meijer? Something on the back? So impressive, your collection is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never come across these Purples. Glad you snagged one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Toys R Us, I have a nice stack of purples from 2013. There are no Meijers in my area or I'd go hunting for them.

    ReplyDelete