Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cutch is highly radioactive Dubnium

I have always thought that the atomic refractors from Topps Chrome products look the best.  Superfractors are awesome too, but the Atomic Refractor has a look to it like "shit is about to get real".

The low numbered atomic refractors from Cutch's early MVP caliber seasons have evaded me for a long time.

Well, one finally popped up for sale for his 2014 Chrome and I had to have it.

It's numbered to only 10 copies and like I said, these don't show up very often.  Another Cutch collector has already reached out to me trying to get it.  I'm torn if I want to trade it though.

The card number is 105 and if you look at the Periodic Table of Contents for this atomic level of cardboard you will see that 105 is the highly unstable radioactive synthetic element, Dubnium.

Cutch was radioactive in 2014 when he followed up his MVP season with another top 3 finish for the NL MVP

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the Atomic Refractors. They are by far, my favorite refractor. Great looking card! I don't think I'd trade it, unless the offer was just too good to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't disagree. Usually the atomics look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldnt trade any card of a player I'm supercollecting - especially if it's numbered to 10. You never know when (or if) you'll see that card again. But it's your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card I might trade it for is a Finest Red /5.

    ReplyDelete