Thursday, June 20, 2019

Bowl of Serial: Little Bull Friend

Today I will do a spin on my Serial History where I look at the serial numbers and look at how they compare to current members of the Phillies based on the serial number of the card
The card I chose is a 2019 Gypsy Queen black and white parallel.


The serial number 37/50 can be found on the back.


Odubel Herrera wears number 37.  He is nicknamed El Torito, the Little Bull.  He got himself into some trouble with an alleged domestic violence case around Memorial Day.  Since the incedint he hasn't played.

Hector Neris wears number 50.  He is called Happy Hector or Compa H (compa is Spanish for friend).  He started out sharing closer responsibilities at the begining of the year, but has since solidified himself as the relief ace of the Phillies and closer of the team.

3 comments:

  1. I was so bummed at the Odubel Herrera news. He seemed like a fun dude up till that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black and white parallels. I think it would be fun to see a whole set of black and white photos like Topps did for Star Wars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herrera was looking like he was going to blossom into a big league star a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete