Thursday, June 6, 2019

Other Players I Would Collect

So news is out there that Cutch is out for the season with a torn ACL.  I think as a fan of his and baseball in general this is worse than when he was traded.  At least I could still watch my favorite player (albeit for another team) throughout the season.  News of him losing four months of a season and potentially a playoff run with the Phillies is crushing.

I still plan on Collecting Cutch and have some big cards coming up on the blog soon.  I don't see myself starting new PC players or stopping my collection, but I got to,thinking about some guys I would consider collecting if I was so invested in Collecting Cutch.

All my other true player collections I have are all Pittsburgh related guys.  I don't super collect them the way I do Cutch, but I do have over 80% of Charlie Morton's cards, nearly 300 Roberto Clemente cards, and over 2500 unique Andrew McCutchen cards.  I also have over 200 Gerrit Cole cards of which 70 are autographs.

So here is a list of other players I would consider starting PCs of that have ZERO Pittsburgh influence.

Up first is a guy I already have a PC of that many people don't know about.  I loved watching Reggie Miller single handily go up against the Knicks in the mid 90s.  He is my favorite player of all-time on the court.  I have just over 100 cards of his and would love to add some more.  I don't have an autograph yet so that would be the featured card I would want.



Gary Sheffield


A lot of people don't care for him too much because of his off field and media problems over the years, but I remember trying to be a 12 year old with that batting stance.  It didn't work for me because I didn't have the strength like him to twist that bat over my head, but he has had a lot of cool cards over the years.  As a third baseman and centerfielder in Little League Sheff was a guy I really want to be like while playing baseball.

Nolan Arenado

This dude is the second best player in the game behind only Mike Trout.  Wish I had gotten more cards of him when he was cheaper.

Justin Upton
When you steal a homerun from my favorite player, you grab my attention.

Daredevil


DD is one of my favorite comic characters.  I used to have a complete run of the Frank Miller era along with the entire run of Volume 2 until it went back to it's original numbering at issue 500.  I loved the Netflix series and have toyed with the idea of buying a box of Season 1 to rip in hopes of building a base set and getting an autograph.

5 comments:

  1. Basketball/Miller would be cool because of all the awesome late '90s inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reggie Miller... interesting! That Jambalaya sure is cool, I'd like to own one of those non-sport version's someday, I'd just have to figure out who though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Jambalaya insert of DD is awesome! I remember basketball collectors going crazy over them back in the 90's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary Sheffield. I should be able to help you there

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are solid choices. I'm a fan of Arenado's. Miller wasn't a guy I rooted for while he played but have really come to like him since he retired.

    ReplyDelete