Saturday, June 1, 2019

COMC Pickups

I got a package last month containing about 40 cards from my latest COMC pickups.  Among them were half a dozen pink cards that I will show off for my SaveSecondBase event in October along with nearly two dozen Roberto Clemente cards and a smattering of other PC needs.  I won't show everything below, but here is a sample of my pickups.

First up the Cutch cards

The Triple Threads were a trio of needs I hadn't yet acquired.  The star of the show for me is the diecut Pinnacle.  These although relatively inexpensive are incredibly difficult to find. I have only seen a handful since release in 2013 appear on COMC or eBay.  The Gold Optic is numbered to 10. The blue diecut I featured a few weeks back.

Now the non Cutch cards

Everyone probably knows I also PC Charlie Morton because of his birthplace being the same as mine.   I picked up 3 2018 Topps Fire parallels along with an All-Star Game relic numbered to 50.

I also like to collect Pirates Topps Heritage cards.  So I grabbed a black refractor rookie cup of Jose Tabata, a real one authentic Vern Law auto, and a pair of Heritage buybacks (1962 team photo and a 1968 Matty Alou)

And now for some of the Clemente cards, of which I have shown some off already on Chasing 3000.

4 comments:

  1. I love the Heritage Real One Auto's, and that Vern Law is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 4 short months away from a great month for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about your Morton PC! Cool pickups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Vern Law. Heritage Real One autographs rule!

    ReplyDelete