Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Screw The Rules, I Have Money

Something I am kind of ashamed to admit is that I still watch the anime Yu-Gi-Oh fairly often.  Back in 2004ish I participated in locals with my deck.  I won a bunch of matches, but never took my poker skill set, deck building ideas, and knowledge of eBay deals to take my king of games mentality even more.

My friends and I even cosplayed as the original cast and I built authentic decks for each of us based on the characters.

Over the years there have been many fan dubs which are both silly and stupid.

One of my favorites is by a guy who calls himself lilkuriboh and he made a viral meme with Seto Kaiba saying "Screw the rules, I have money"


This fit the character perfectly as he was always getting the latest cards to try and stop his arch enemy, Yugi Mutou.

When I saw this 2018 Heritage coin card pop up for sale, I immediately thought of this saying.

That right there is a genuine 1969 nickel.

Baseball cards and coins?
Screw The Rules, I Have Money


Now to get back on the topic of YuGiOh, I am so confused by all the new rules and haven't actually played since around 2007 when the X-Sabers were first being released.  Now that ArcV is on Netflix I am watching it and have to say I am enjoying it quite a bit.  The characters are very interesting and I am curious where the arc (pun unintended) will lead.  If I had to rank the series it would be this order: 5Ds, Original, ArcV, GX, zexal.

7 comments:

  1. I have absolutely no idea what you just said but I do like that Cutch coin card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cards that feature coins. I never learned how to play Yugioh (or Pokemon), but I have had a fair share of CCG cards in my possession. Back in the day, I worked at a card shop after school to help supplement my income. I'd use my discount to buy boxes and sell the packs to my students. Every now and then, I'd rip into a few packs in hopes of pulling a cool holofoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still do Yu-Gi-Oh!, namely on the app Duel Links. But I have been building a Dark Magician Girl (the OG anime waifu) deck. Pretty fun but it's no where near competitive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the app usable for all cards or just original series? I was told the app doesn't have the most recent releases in it.

      Delete
    2. Um, kind of neither actually. There's a select number of cards that have been incorporated into the game (although it's a substantial amount). Not all of them are from the original series, but it hasn't incorporated too much of the new stuff either.

      Delete
  4. That's one sweet Cutch card! I have never been one for anime

    ReplyDelete