Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Finest Generations (Christmas Edition)

Most of the family on my mom's side of the family lived in various parts of the United States while I was growing up.  I had aunts and uncles in Texas, California, Kentucky, and Florida.  One thing I always remember was getting a phone call on the 11th hour every Christmas Eve from my aunt in California with her asking "Is it Christmas yet?"

I don't know if her kids will continue that trend when speaking to any of our east coast family or not (likely not), but it's one of those memories I've carried for an entire generation.

I bring this up because my latest Cutch addition is a Christmas card (12/25) of 2015 Finest Generations.   These rare refractors are super tough to get despite just being regular refractors.

They're so rare in fact that I already had the base, Superfractor, and red highlighted on this blog.  This was the missing link to the rainbow family.  Yup, only 4 cards to chase on this insert set rainbow.  It feels nice to check this one off.

To refresh your memory, here's the red and super

Today my brother and I will be attending a sports show in Virginia.  It's the first time I will have seen him since Christmas time.  Should be fun times.

5 comments:

  1. Great card and story! Enjoy the show today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it strange when a 1 of 1 pops up before a 1 of 25? The Christmas numbering is worth the wait though. Congrats on completing the rainbow and have fun at the sports show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of my relatives are in Hawaii... but they always called on Christmas morning... which was sometimes Christmas afternoon in California.

    Nice Christmas Card. Gavin might be a little bummed that there's one less Christmas Card out there for him to chase down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, I'm a little jealous. Great card!

      Delete