Monday, March 11, 2019

Amber is the color of your energy....

Since today is 3/11, I thought I should show off a quartet of cards that sorta reference a band I grew up listening to.

311 was a band that became very popular in the mid 90s and through the early 2000s.  Their sound was an amalgam of pop, punk, reggae, and hip-hop.

Their first mainstream album, which was self titled included hits like All Mixed Up, Down, Guns (are for *******).

Continuing to take the radio waves and MTV by storm into the late 90s they went on to cover the Cure's Love Song, which is in my opinion one of the greatest cover songs by a rock band ever.

One of their most catchiest songs was a track called Amber.

It is believed that the song was written by lead singer Nick Hexum for his ex Nikki Scherzinger, who later went on to front the Pussycat Dolls.

I have four different Amber parallels of Andrew McCutchen from Triple Threads.  To the best of my knowledge, Triple Threads is the only release that has a parallel called Amber.

Below you will see the amber parallels from 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013 Triple Threads.
All of the Triple Threads base cards tend to feature some cool things about the player on the back.

I still need the 2012 (/125), 2017 (/150), and 2018 (/199) if anyone comes across them and wants to trade I have some pretty cool trade bait available.

Let's wrap this up with a music video of Amber by 311.

Happy 311 Day Everyone!!!

Listen to some 311....

3 comments:

  1. I used to be a pretty big fan of 311, not so much anymore though. And I could go the rest of my life without ever having to hear Love Song again, the original, and it's many covers. All that being said, I love the tie-in to this post, it was very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had forgotten about them until you mentioned it!

    ReplyDelete