Thursday, June 11, 2020

One of the ugliest autos in my collection

One of the spots in my collection that is sorely missing is truly attempting to complete all the different autograph pairings of Andrew McCutchen in the Just Minors releases.

The 2005 Just Minors autographs feature him with the Gulf Coast Pirates and feature really ugly stickers found on the cards.

TriStar as part of their 2012 Signacuts product release acquired some of these Just Minors autographs and turned the sticker autos into cut autos.



Above is the result.  Fortunately there was only 25 cards harmed in the making of these terrible cut autographs.
I got it for $10 so it's not like it cost me a lot of money, but this is one of the ugliest cards in my Cutch PC.

It may rival this dual auto of Jason Hayward and Andrew McCutchen from the same set.  I got that card for $7.83 as you may recall from this 2017 post.

3 comments:

  1. That's bizarre. I used to have a Pujols card from SignaCuts, but it had a blank white background. Weird set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I give Topps a lot of crap sometimes. Panini too. But thankfully they haven't stooped down to TriStar's level. I totally understand you dropping $10 for that monstrosity though. I did the same thing for a hideous Steve Sax signature:

    https://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2011/04/chronicles-of-cardfoolery-1-2008.html

    ReplyDelete