Thursday, July 9, 2020

Chasing Unicorns among a Swag Frenzy

I have a few cards on my want list and I also have a few cards that I feel will never be attainable (2005 Bowman Chrome 1st Bowman Superfractor).

Last year I gave a list of cards that I wanted to focus on trying to get this year and I have been able to knock a few of them off in only half a year.  You can revisit that post here.

In the hours towards the end of the ESPN created Cutch SP Frenzy I had an auction ending.  I was able to secure a card that I coveted in my top 10 list and it ended for a very reasonable price.

Be hold, the glory of a Home Run Clear Vision card from 2013 Pinnacle.

Each positional player had 5 cards available for the Clear Visions Insert Set.

They varied in terms of rarity with Cycle being the hardest to get as it was a 1/1.  Singles are the easiest and fell in every couple packs (on average 1:5).  They got rarer with the more difficult a hit.  Doubles, Triples, and Home Runs round out the parallels to chase.  A Home Run parallel fell one per case on average.

This completes the non 1/1 rainbow.
Despite no logos I love this insert set and it has taken me 7 years to acquire the HR parallel which makes the hunt even more satisfying that it is complete.
I was able to get this card for only $14.55 during the late hours of the Cutch Swag Frenzy.

I will show off some other of my Frenzy SP Challenge cards tomorrow, but wanted to highlight this card in it's own post as it has been 7 years, a pandemic, and an ESPN tweet Swag SP buying frenzy to able to acquire and check it off.

Man am I super pumped about this card.

There aren't any other unicorns that I caught, but there are still plenty more awesome cards I grabbed in that crazy weekend of $250+ SP Cutch cards.

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome pickup! I haven't been looking. Is the price of the SP coming down at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the Clear Vision cards. They're definitely nice looking cards. Congratulations on obtaining "Home Run" card for your collection. You mentioned five different cards. Single, Double, Triple, and Home Run make four... what's the fifth?

    ReplyDelete