Saturday, November 28, 2020

Christmas Pairings

On Friday I received a 2020 Topps Gallery green parallel card (/99) of Cutch from a Mike Moustakas supercollector.  You can follow him on Twitter @d_moose8 

Because it was a green parallel and we just got done decorating our Christmas Tree, I thought it would be funny to tape it to the tree.
This got me thinking though.

What would a Christmas Tree look like with trading cards hanging from the branches?  

I think it would look rather unique and I may get a small tree for just myself to display such things.

I have already hung up a few Starting Lineups like this Mario Lemieux SLU.
Do you put any sports related collectables on your tree? 

9 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of Michigan stuff. A few White Sox items and a Larry Bird ornament from when I was a kid. There may be others but my wife is sleeping in her recliner next to the tree and I'm not waking her up to look. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have in th epast placed some of the Pacific "Ornaments" insert cards on the Christmas tree, they come with their own string already to hang nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea.

    We have Michigan, Tigers, and a Gordie Howe ornament. Our big thing is to find a new Elvis ornament each year I'm honor of my Mom.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to mention the Pacific Ornament cards, but Johnny beat me to it. I've picked up an occasional Hallmark sports figurine (Brett Favre, David Ortiz) over the years, and it's always interesting to me to see which players are produced each Christmas. An SLU ornament is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five years ago I had a cardboard Christmas tree...

    https://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2015/12/cardboard-christmas-tree.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I don't, but it's a great idea. I'm just glad you used painter's tape. That's proper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a big box of sports items that don’t make it to the tree. Maybe one day I’ll have my Peres just got those.

    I’d have to include the Pacific Christmas ornament cards for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't include cards on my tree with fear of being damaged lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. My wife and I have numerous Red Sox/Yankees ornaments we've acquired over the years. My favorite is a Hallmark ornament of Big Papi.

    ReplyDelete