Saturday, November 21, 2020

So Many Factory Set Parallels

Did you know that Topps has made even more options for rainbow chasers?

Topps has added to their portfolio with more factory set parallels. 

In the past there used to be red parallels, but that parallel was given to Target with an exclusive in 2012.  Then Topps used orange factory set parallels beginning in 2012 until 2016.  In 2017 Topps introduced foilboard parallels that were serially numbered and available as a limited pack inside their factory sets.

Then 2020 happened and everything got confusing and screwed up.

There are now 6 (yes six) parallels to chase in factory sets.  

Topps introduced the Walmart Green box factory sets this year which could contain complete factory sets in a number of 4 different parallels.

The most common is the gold star (1 in 3 factory boxes will have a complete set with the gold star).  The others include (non serial numbered) print runs of 299 (blue) and 99 (orange).  There is also a 1/1 complete set, but to my knowledge that hasn't surfaced yet.  

Inside the retail factory sets are Foilboard card packs with a pack of 5 cards each serial numbered to 264 copies.

The hobby foilboards packs are similar looking and limited to 229 copies.

Below are the 4 parallels I have so far.

Only the foilboard is serially numbered on the back.  It has a print run of 229 copies.
I still need the foilboard numbered to 264 copies which is a retail exclusive.  

Have you bought any of these Walmart Green box factory sets? Did you open it to see if you had a parallel set?

5 comments:

  1. No, I didn't buy a factory set but I've been tempted. But I probably won't. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big pain, but hey, as long as others spend the money to break and then I can get the singles for cheap, I guess that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope I can figure out all the different Matt Boyd cards that I need.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't purchased a Topps factory set since 2011, and I'm not sure if I purchased that one (might have been a gift). Used to purchase them fairly often when there were gold parallels or exclusive rookies to be had. Six colors seems like way too many. Topps needs to get their base sets right first :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I like the flagship design, I might grab a factory set. I did last year. I rarely go to Walgreens... but if I go within the next month and they happen to have a factory set on their shelves... maybe I'll grab it. Can you imagine how cool it'd be to own the one of one set?

    ReplyDelete