Sunday, December 15, 2019

Buddy the Elf Week

A lot of people seem to enjoy my SaveSecondBaseEvent I do each year and it is one of my favorite styles of posts too.  I love trying to connect a pretty lady to be associated with a pink (or shade of pink) baseball card of Andrew McCutchen.

I am going to use that concept and take one of my favorite Christmas comedies, Elf, and am going to take some of my favorite lines and relate them to Andrew McCutchen baseball cards.

Please feel free to share some of your favorite scenes from the movie at the end to help inspire the upcoming posts.  If you haven't seen it yet (SHAME ON YOU!!!!!) do yourself a favor and watch it. It is playing daily on some channel this time of year.


So the line I am going to use to kickstart this project is "I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite."

I chose this 2018 Topps Chrome 1/1 Superfractor to represent today's line.
Obviously any 1/1 will make me smile, but the pure joy in Cutch's smile as he gets ready to take an at bat really makes this card shine.  The dude just never seems to have a bad day playing baseball.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommended quote. I will get that post ready for tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Lol. You smell like beef and cheese.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic card! That smile is electric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always cracks me up ..

    "You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's a great one too. Expect something tomorrow.

      Delete