Thursday, August 10, 2017

This Day in Cutch story: August 10th

The Honus Bonus Partners Cards released this year have milestone 1/1s for players recounting homeruns, wins, saves, etc.

I had 2 already, but when the opportunity presented itself to add this new 1/1 to my collection for only $5 I couldn't pass it up.  I have since added one more as well.  I can't begin to fathom trying to collect them all.

Commemorating Cutch's 44th career Home Run off Jonathan Sanchez in a 9-2 victory on August 10, 2011.  Cutch batted leadoff in the game and went 1 for 1 with 3 walks.  He also scored 4 times, drove in 3, and stole 2 bases.  That's a heck of a day.

3 comments:

  1. I never gotten one of these HBPs. A 1/1 for $5? Take it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I think HBP has already gone the way of the dodo. Nevertheless, they've left us with some interesting cards - a 1/1 for a five spot is always a good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the concept and design of their set.

      Delete