Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Something borrowed, something used, something new, something blue

Brides everywhere can rejoice!!!

Thanks to Donruss Optic parallel introduced last year they can borrow their future husband's baseball cards to comply with the
Something borrowed
Something used
Something new
Something blue

Optic borrows the same concept as Topps Chrome but applies it to their used Donruss cards as part of their new release they have a Carolina blue parallel

Each Carolina Blue parallel is numbered to 50 copies.  
Matt from BobWalkThePlank showed off one of the duplicates I had of the Carolina Blue Diamond Kings.  Sometimes I buy large lots just to get 1 or 2 more parallels I need.

Here are the ones I have from last year's release and this year.  I have been slacking big time in adding both Donruss and Optic cards in 2017.




4 comments:

  1. I like Optic a lot. Still many griffey needs I lack. I really want a Judge rated rookie from this years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! Looking forward to picking some of these up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always heard it as something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. (Even briefly did a radio feature on that theme.) Works either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't remember the order and your version sounds a lot better. I was merely trying to point out the funny card colors.

      Delete