Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Rock n Troll

I can't come up with any clever titles for today's post.  So instead you're getting a bad pun as I troll.  My latest rock inspired pickup is a 2012 Triple Threads Onyx /50.  It ran me $4 which is a good price for a high end card with only 50 copies made.

Here's the rock

And here's the troll...
I hate the Brewers more than any other team.  It has nothing to do with the teams I watched growing up.  Robin Yount is one of the best players of his generation.  Gary Sheffield was one of my favorite players I got to watch play against the Yankees way back before he was traded to San Diego.

No my hatred of the Brew Crew has everything to do with Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Yovani Gallardo, Rickie Weeks, Nyjer Morgan era...The list goes on and on.  I hated those Brewers teams.  Two guys I didn't hate though we're Prince Fielder and Corey Hart.  I actually liked both those guys a lot.

Happy they lost their first place standings.
If the Pirates can't win the division, let the Cubbies win it again.

Let's finish on a good note


Did you know that Andrew's mother, who has sung the National Anthem at PNC Park a few times was also a top volleyball player and currently works in law enforcement?

The more you know...


Are there any teams you hate because of just a handful of players?

7 comments:

  1. I get tired of the Pirates losing to certain bad teams like the Reds this year, but that seems to go in cycles. The team as a whole doesn't really bother me. As far as individual players go I did a post last year on the topic. http://bobwalktheplank.blogspot.com/2016/05/my-least-favorite-players.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad grew up a Reds fan because Johny Bench was his favorite player so I respect the Reds. I hate losing to them now though.

      I remember your least favorite players. You should have more Brewers on that list.

      Delete
  2. Red Sox. But that's because I am a Yankees fan. If football, patriots. But who doesn't hate them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that makes a lot of sense. Those teams are one of the oldest rivalries in sports

      Delete
  3. Not a huge fan of the Yankees... but it's because of the franchise itself... not their players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yankees are hated for 27 reasons, not usually the 25 players. Winning a lot of championships has a way of making people hate an organization

      Delete
  4. Any team within your team's division is worthy of scorn. At least the Brewers glove logo is a brilliant work of graphic design. Also, beer.

    ReplyDelete