Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Antje, here we are again (LIMITED TIME CONTEST!)


Today is the start of the 2020 World Series.  In a week we will have a World Series Champion.

This means it's time for a contest, but it's going to only be available for about 12 hours.

Details will be available at end of this post.


Let's get started with who we are spotlighting today though.
I showed her off last December when discussing some holiday packages that went out.
This was actually a suggestion by GCA during last year's recap. 


Pronounced ANTJAY just like her Twitter handle


Many have claimed she is the next Kate Upton
It's easy to see the comparison.

Antje Utgaard is one of the top models 
and has begun doing some acting, appearing in Mob Town (2019) and the upcoming This Is Miami (2020).
She is a known Dodgers fan so it's obvious who she will be rooting for as the Dodgers are back in the World Series for the 3rd time in 4 years.

Andrew McCutchen appeared as a cameo on a Dodgers card back in 2019.
Austin Barnes had been replaced on the depth chart by rookie Will Smith this year.
I showed the full version of this cameo off last year.


Now time for the contest.
It's been my main contest of the Save Second Base event each year so everyone should know the rules by now, but just in case here are some quick things to go over.

1)Leave a comment below who will hit the first double in the World Series
2)Limit one entry per person
3)1st person to guess the first double hit in the World Series will win this year's prize card.
4)Contest closes 8:01pm EST 10/20/20
This year's prize
2018 Topps Tribute Stamp of Approval Cody Bellinger orange parallel numbered 11/25.  The card has been certified as having been worn on May 13, 2017.  
Even though Bellinger did go 0 for 3 on that day, this is a jersey worn on his Rookie of Year season and is the Mother's Day jersey with pink piping as seen on the card.  

You want this card?
Join the limited time contest
You only have 12 hours so be quick and say who you think will get the first double in the 2020 World Series.


Additional comments are appreciated so please discuss Antje, your rooting interests in the 2020 World Series, and any cameo cards you may have in your collection.

I'm rooting for the Rays because they're a small market team with 3 former Pirates on the team (Charlie Morton, Austin Meadows, and Tyler Glasnow)

30 comments:

  1. Joe Pederson will hit the first double. Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corey seager is my entry for first double.
    I'm rooting for the dodgers, of course, and I have a large lurker/cameo mimi-collection. It includes a couple of cards of pete rose after he knocked hit 4192 that feature steve garvey in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to go with Randy Arozarena. He's probably hitting doubles in his sleep.
    I'm rooting for the Dodgers, and I think it's going the full 7 games.

    Antje is obviously qualified for Save Second Base, although she loses points for the Packers attire.

    Play Ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is one good thing about Mookie playing for the Dodgers, it'll be that he hits the first double and wins me that sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cody Bellinger will have the first double.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willy Adames

    Rooting for the Rays. Small market team and the Dodgers are the NL Yankees. Also, I live in San Diego, so I'm obligated to root against L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets say Arozarena will hit the first double. As someone who has no pony in the race, I'm going to root for the underdog Rays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will guess Justin Turner. Thanks for the contest. Never heard of Antje before, but am impressed. She could almost persuade me to root for the Dodgers, but I am going for the Rays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is amazing. So so amazing. She even made that Dodgers' uni look good. As a Braves guy I'll pass on the contest but as always thanks for the great post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Austin Meadows FTW! Also, great pick for today. Never heard of Antje Utgaard. Now that I do, I am very appreciative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going with Ji-Man Choi! Thanks for the contest...going with the Dodgers in 7 mainly for the many celebratory posts the Dodgers bloggers will publish if they win. I too haven't heard of Utgaard, but she is quite lovely indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lot of misguided anti-Dodger rhetoric in the comments section here. Much too lovable a team for that stuff.

    Obviously I will be rooting for the Dodgers right along with Antje and I certainly want that card. All the good guesses are gone but I'll go with Max Muncy.

    I don't collect cameos but there are a bunch in sets like 1973 Topps, early '80s Fleer, 1983 Topps, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I scrolled down the silly-hand-dancing gif just as I reached the guitar solo in "Going Going Gone" by the Posies. They went together very well!

    Yuli Gurriel was VERY good to me in this contest...if the Astros were in it, I'd pick him again. Let's go with Brandon Lowe. (So tempting to just pick "Lowe" and then claim I meant Nate Lowe if he gets it, but I'm not that guy!)

    Thanks for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kevin Kiermaier.
    Cheering for the Rays - always root for the American League, unless it's the Yankees or Red Sox playing.
    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo! Late to the game, I will go with Hunter Renfroe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want Rays I guess.i didnt watch one postseason game...sports right now just dont feel right to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also never heard of her before now and I can see why so many comments this time haha

      Delete
  18. She's obviously hot. But I think she's the most attractive in that last photo. I've always thought girls look hotter under a baseball cap.

    ReplyDelete