Saturday, October 31, 2020

Fighting To Get More Cameos

Well it's Halloween which means my 4th Annual (again) Save Second Base Event is over.  Thank you all for participating.  It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of people that helped spread the awareness this year.  Thank you all for taking part in this event.  We reached the $400 donation mark based on comments on this blog and the amount of comments on your blogs referencing the Breast Cancer Awareness fairly easily.  THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO ACTIVE!

If you could please visit The National Breast Cancer Organization.  EVEN if you can't make a monetary donation, please educate yourself of this terrible disease.



Since it is Halloween, I want to look at someone who dresses up a lot

A few years ago, this beautiful WWE Diva used a stage wardrobe similar to Freddy Kreuger.
She had the red and black sweater, a "claw" hand, and was a nightmare to those she faced in the ring.

If you didn't know already I am talking about
Alexa Bliss
You probably recognize her for being a WWE Women's Champion.
She has had lots of stage personalities over the years
But the Harley Quinn inspired hair is my favorite.

She has been the subject of a Bowling For Soup video which you can view here or click the video below to see the lyrics.

Alexa Bliss was born August 9.  

The back of this 2020 Donruss Josh Bell has an Andrew McCutchen name cameo that references a date in August.  Call it a TRICK that the date doesn't exactly much, but I consider it a TREAT that I got Alexa Bliss included this month.  
That's the best I could come up with. Sorry, I failed this challenge.
I have a few of these parallels in my collection.


I will finish with some gifs of my favorite female wrestler.









Who are your favorite wrestlers? 

What is on your Halloween agenda today?

12 comments:

  1. Nice Bell card! And congrats on a great month of blogging. Hope you can take a day or two off now! Not into wrestling. Agenda: running and eating chocolate and raking. And beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old school- Dusty Rhoads, "The American Dream."
    New School- Charlotte Flair.

    My Halloween 🎃 is watching Michigan play Michigan State today, and watching other college football games.

    Bliss is outstanding, for sure, and I like to trade for her cards on the Topps WWE trading card app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really into wrestling. Though I did see the movie that stars Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei. I thought it was good, but sad.

    Not much planned. I live in an apartment building, so there are never trick or treaters. Can't go to a bar. I'll probably watch a movie tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexa is awesome. Great way to close out the SSB event, and kudos to you for raising money/awareness once again.

    I never got into wrestling but that didn't stop me from adding a few Stacy Keibler cards to my collection a couple years ago.

    We're taking the kids to grandma's for Halloween, as we do every year. Only difference is instead of walking around the neighborhood and collecting candy they'll just eat whatever's in Grandma's goody bag.

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done as always. Thanks for all you did this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite wrestler of all-time: Ricky Steamboat

    Favorite current wrestler: Asuka

    Halloween plans: write a few posts, watch The Raven, and play The Last of Us 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't watch wrestling, but still liked Paige and Eva Marie.

    Had planned to go help Mom with a few things and work on my old Ford, but bad dietary choices have me just chilling at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blissful for sure. No fav wrestlers, and nada darn thing going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on such a successful month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was disappointed that I didn't comment as much as I wanted to, but I'm glad you made your target goals anyway! Congrats on another successful promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a more of fun and I made sure to comment every day for the cause. Thanks for hosting this again and for all of the counter chances.throughout though my luck was poor lol. But what wasn't poor was this years selection of second bases.

    Looking forward to next year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the big month. I don't watch wrestling, but I still consider myself an Alexa Bliss fan and have a decent little collection of her cards. My Halloween plans were cleaning out the last bit of crap from my old house, now I'm watching Cabin in the Woods for the first time.

    ReplyDelete