Friday, October 16, 2020

A Perfect Canadian Pair



Today we will look at someone more known for their voice then their face.
Tara Strong is the subject today.
You may not recognize her name (or face for that matter) unless you're into nerdy things like I am.  So let me introduce you to who this beautiful actress is.
Tara is a Canadian actress born in 1973.

She appeared in the 1995 teen comedy National Lampoon's Senior Trip
She has always been a bit of a tease for nerds everywhere whether it is her acting
Or getting into arguments about superheroes
Or playing the role of one as her day job
Yes, Tara Strong is a voice actor and has voiced heroic roles like Raven (Teen Titans), Batgirl (Batman: Killing Joke), Harley Quinn (numerous video games and tv series), Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls), Ben 10 (numerous Ben 10 series) among many others

She also voice acts many characters in a show, Rick and Morty, I just started watching.  
She has on card autographs in the Rick & Morty trading card set and they can be had fairly cheap too (under $20).
Stop me if you've heard this one before.
Deathstroke and Harley Quinn walk into a Comic Con together...
(Oh wait. No that's not how it went)
Sabretooth walks into a con with Harley...
(Oh never mind)
How about the story of how Spongebob Squarepants teamed up with Timmy Turner?

Two years ago during my Save Second Base Event I showed a manufactured bat relic and showed some Harley Quinn inspiration.  I failed to mention Tara in that post which you can revisit here.  My goal was to one day find a way to make a post focusing on just her.

Tara is Harley Quinn.  She has lent her voice talents to Harley's character more than any other voice actress.

She even cosplayed as Harley Quinn at Comic Con....and it was awesome!

Last year I highlighted a magenta printing plate of a former Canadian born teammate (Justin Morneau) of Cutch.  I tied that printing plate to a certain Gotham actress here.  The same week I created that post I won a pair of printing plates that popped up for sale and I was very interested in one of them.  The other one was a magenta printing plate of a former Blue Jays prospect (also born in Canada) that I had zero interest in.


With the purchase of this black printing plate featuring Josh Harrison, Justin Morneau, and Andrew McCutchen I have now completed my SECOND group of all 4 printing plates. 
 I discussed needing this plate back in June 2019 which you can revisit here.

The "bonus" plate for me was this plate is pictured as a Toronto Blue Jay, but was also born in Canada, much like Tara Strong.
I have no interest in this plate so if you want it just leave a comment below who your favorite Canadian born celebrity is.  I will random it off after 4 clicks and the person on top wins.  Entries close Sunday October 18th 1am EST.  Anyone leaving a comment below will automatically be entered unless you put "DO NOT WANT PLATE"

17 comments:

  1. Gosh, I want to say my favorite Canadian actor is Will Arnett. With apologies to Pamela Anderson and Norm Macdonald.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great set! ...and the printing plates are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll pick Mia Kirshner. I haven't had a real TV in a while though, so I'm kind of out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong pair of assets. (sorry)

    So cool to have all four plates. I'd love to achieve that for one of my PC guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara Strong is up there with the all-time great voice actors, and a worthy inclusion!

    "DO NOT WANT PLATE"

    ReplyDelete
  6. No contest, its Pamela Anderson, for 30 years and counting.

    Tara is definitely in the top 10 favorite Canadian now.

    Good Job. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a printing plate in the flesh before so I have to use my limited imagination to picture them. But I'm glad that you collect them and have so many.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome that you've completed the full set of plates!
    I'll say that rick Moranis is my favorite canadian celeb. I really enjoyed bob & doug McKenzie and strange brew as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to get all four versions of a printing plate. I have 3 of one currently, but that's as close as I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a Canadian, I'm going with Elisha Cuthbert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone who's watched a cartoon series in the last 15 years or so, has probably heard Tara at some point, she's been EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didnt' see acontest but I was a fan of Tara's. She's very talented. Now that I know she has an autograph I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just watched The Killing Joke on Netflix, but had no idea who Tara was until this post.

    Favorite Canadian celebrity? Lol. I had to look at a list, but Sandra Oh stood out. I really enjoy her show Killing Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harley Quinn cosplay is always a win as is this gal. Glad to see she voices so many animated characters. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's got a lot of talent packed in one package. And I absolutely love the 4 plate collection. I don't much care for printing plates, but having all 4? I'd go for that any day.

    ReplyDelete