Monday, October 12, 2020

Out of My League

Each year during the month of October, I show off only pink (and shades of pink like magenta, peach, etc) to help raise awareness of Breast Cancer, a leading cause of death for females in the United States.  For each (meaningful, non spam) comment left by those that follow the blog I donate a dollar to hopefully help at least one woman get a much needed mammogram.  Early detection is key!!!

If you want to make your own private donation please visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation.  There is a donate button on the main page and it only takes a minute of your time.  Every little bit helps.

I have focused primarily on cards that only feature Andrew McCutchen on the card, but in recent years have also featured cards with a cameo appearance (either being seen on the card or as a name cameo on the back of the card).  Last year I created Falco Files which discussed players that replaced (Shane Falco Replacements movie reference) on an active roster, number worn, or trade.  I will continue to utilize these styles of posts as we celebrate the 4th Collecting Cutch Save Second Base event (I am no longer counting my first run on the Pirates Treasure Room I did back in 2014.)

Please be sure to click here for a Babe Ruth relic card I am offering as a contest prize to one lucky person who posts their own pink cards for the month.  I am matching the $1 per comment on YOUR BLOGS too if you show off pink cards. 

You ready to get started?
Today's featured celebrity has one of the best gif I have ever featured


Alice Eve
Recently she has appeared in one of my favorite Netflix shows Iron Fist (I miss the Marvel Netflix Universe) as a villain known as Typhoid Mary.
She also appeared in the movie Bombshell opposite Margot Robbie, Charlize Therion, and Nicole Kidman about women who made allegations against Fox News.


So while she has been active in a lot of movies and TV shows recently, it was the 2010 film She's Out of My League that made me attracted to her.
Not only does the movie take place in Pittsburgh, but it is one of my favorite Romantic Comedies ever.
Her friendly personality gives hope to nerds everywhere that we can one day be with someone out of their league.


The fact that Alice is stunning only helps.
She meets the nerdy character at a Gallery that she planned


I have been planning my Gallery as well.

This is the 2017 Topps Gallery Magenta Plate 1/1.
Printing plates of art cards are just odd to me. 

11 comments:

  1. When my jaw dropped it hit my desk. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are off and running this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed She's Out Of My League, and Bombshell was good, too. Both titles apply to Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you seen the Star Trek turn around scene? That's her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea who she is but will take notice.

    Nice printing plate as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome plate. I hadn't seen her in anything until you mentioned "She's out of my league," which I did see and vaguely remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely my kind of girl next door.....I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gifs...I'm sure there was more tooo the post... ;) I'm not a printing plate guy. I've pulled one myself so it's cool when you do but I just don't get them. good post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could write three blog posts about Alice Eve. I've watched her late night talk show appearances more times than I should admit. She's got a strangely weird and appealing personality and although she's British, she spent part of her high school years in California, which means she can do that charming thing where a British speaker speaks American.

    Oh and the first gif is from Sex in the City 2, which I've never watched, yet have that scene memorized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gallery has always been a favorite set of mine, even back to the late 90s. The printing plate even looks great which is not always the case when it comes to printing plates.

    ReplyDelete